Israeli ships stop Gaza blockade-break try
GAZA, Israel (KABC) -- Israeli forces boarded two boats attempting to break the blockade of the Gaza Strip.
The navy then towed the boats to a port just north of Gaza.
The military said no one was hurt.
This was the latest incident in which pro-Palestinian activists have tried to reach Gaza from the sea.
Israel says the five-year-old blockade is needed to keep weapons from reaching Hamas and other groups.
Some of those attempting to breach the blockade say they are only trying to deliver aid to the impoverished area.
gaza strip, israel, national news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 58 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 24 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour