Israeli ships stop Gaza blockade-break try
GAZA, Israel (KABC) -- Israeli forces boarded two boats attempting to break the blockade of the Gaza Strip.
The navy then towed the boats to a port just north of Gaza.
The military said no one was hurt.
This was the latest incident in which pro-Palestinian activists have tried to reach Gaza from the sea.
Israel says the five-year-old blockade is needed to keep weapons from reaching Hamas and other groups.
Some of those attempting to breach the blockade say they are only trying to deliver aid to the impoverished area.
gaza strip, israel, national news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 13 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 14 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 26 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 10 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
37 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
36 min ago