Israeli ships stop Gaza blockade-break try
GAZA, Israel (KABC) -- Israeli forces boarded two boats attempting to break the blockade of the Gaza Strip.
The navy then towed the boats to a port just north of Gaza.
The military said no one was hurt.
This was the latest incident in which pro-Palestinian activists have tried to reach Gaza from the sea.
Israel says the five-year-old blockade is needed to keep weapons from reaching Hamas and other groups.
Some of those attempting to breach the blockade say they are only trying to deliver aid to the impoverished area.
gaza strip, israel, national news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 2 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke