Israeli ships stop Gaza blockade-break try
GAZA, Israel (KABC) -- Israeli forces boarded two boats attempting to break the blockade of the Gaza Strip.
The navy then towed the boats to a port just north of Gaza.
The military said no one was hurt.
This was the latest incident in which pro-Palestinian activists have tried to reach Gaza from the sea.
Israel says the five-year-old blockade is needed to keep weapons from reaching Hamas and other groups.
Some of those attempting to breach the blockade say they are only trying to deliver aid to the impoverished area.
gaza strip, israel, national news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 5 min ago
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe 6 min ago
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims 14 min ago
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed 56 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe' 2 min ago
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale 22 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago