NC couple sues Air Tran over cockroaches
CHARLOTTE (KABC) -- A North Carolina couple is suing Air Tran Airways, alleging they were sickened by cockroaches coming out of air vents and storage areas on a recent flight.
Charlotte attorney Harry Marsh and his fiancée, Kaitlin Rush, saw the cockroaches following takeoff on a Sept. 15 flight from Charlotte to Houston with a stopover in Atlanta. According to the couple, flight attendants were too busy to address the problem. Marsh said the cockroaches made them nauseous and reluctant to fly again.
They're claiming mental and emotional distress and seeking more than $100,000, in addition to the price of their tickets.
Air Tran said it cannot comment on pending litigation, but it denies several allegations. According to the airline, cleanliness is important and planes are regularly and professionally treated for bugs.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
airline, airport news, national news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 9 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 29 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
39 min ago