NC couple sues Air Tran over cockroaches
CHARLOTTE (KABC) -- A North Carolina couple is suing Air Tran Airways, alleging they were sickened by cockroaches coming out of air vents and storage areas on a recent flight.
Charlotte attorney Harry Marsh and his fiancée, Kaitlin Rush, saw the cockroaches following takeoff on a Sept. 15 flight from Charlotte to Houston with a stopover in Atlanta. According to the couple, flight attendants were too busy to address the problem. Marsh said the cockroaches made them nauseous and reluctant to fly again.
They're claiming mental and emotional distress and seeking more than $100,000, in addition to the price of their tickets.
Air Tran said it cannot comment on pending litigation, but it denies several allegations. According to the airline, cleanliness is important and planes are regularly and professionally treated for bugs.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
airline, airport news, national news
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 18 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom 34 min ago
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
15 min ago