NC couple sues Air Tran over cockroaches
CHARLOTTE (KABC) -- A North Carolina couple is suing Air Tran Airways, alleging they were sickened by cockroaches coming out of air vents and storage areas on a recent flight.
Charlotte attorney Harry Marsh and his fiancée, Kaitlin Rush, saw the cockroaches following takeoff on a Sept. 15 flight from Charlotte to Houston with a stopover in Atlanta. According to the couple, flight attendants were too busy to address the problem. Marsh said the cockroaches made them nauseous and reluctant to fly again.
They're claiming mental and emotional distress and seeking more than $100,000, in addition to the price of their tickets.
Air Tran said it cannot comment on pending litigation, but it denies several allegations. According to the airline, cleanliness is important and planes are regularly and professionally treated for bugs.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
airline, airport news, national news
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 10 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 44 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 47 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report