Witness: Inspiring true story of Nisei soldiers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An incredible group of Japanese-American soldiers in World War II changed the world and touched many lives with their dignity and honor.
The 100th and 442nd Regimental Combat Teams were some of the greatest units in U.S. military history, yet so few in America have ever heard of them.
While they were on the battlefield, their families were incarcerated in internment camps simply because of prejudice.
The bravery and patriotism of the Nisei soldiers earned them the Congressional Gold Medal.
u.s. troops, national news, david ono
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Oak Hills bust nets nearly 2K pot plants
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake 44 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles 20 min ago
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video