Witness: Inspiring true story of Nisei soldiers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An incredible group of Japanese-American soldiers in World War II changed the world and touched many lives with their dignity and honor.
The 100th and 442nd Regimental Combat Teams were some of the greatest units in U.S. military history, yet so few in America have ever heard of them.
While they were on the battlefield, their families were incarcerated in internment camps simply because of prejudice.
The bravery and patriotism of the Nisei soldiers earned them the Congressional Gold Medal.
u.s. troops, national news, david ono
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 49 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 29 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 13 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians