Witness: Inspiring true story of Nisei soldiers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An incredible group of Japanese-American soldiers in World War II changed the world and touched many lives with their dignity and honor.
The 100th and 442nd Regimental Combat Teams were some of the greatest units in U.S. military history, yet so few in America have ever heard of them.
While they were on the battlefield, their families were incarcerated in internment camps simply because of prejudice.
The bravery and patriotism of the Nisei soldiers earned them the Congressional Gold Medal.
u.s. troops, national news, david ono
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 51 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet 39 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 7 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report