Joe Paterno's wife turned away from campus pool
STATE COLLEGE, Penn. (KABC) -- The wife of former Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno has reportedly been turned away from the campus pool.
Sue Paterno, who is known for doing early morning laps at the pool, is said to be saddened by the rejection.
University officials, however, said they are unaware of any directive barring her from the facility.
Her husband, Joe Paterno, was fired earlier this month after child sex abuse charges emerged against former Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky.
college football, sex crimes, national news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 21 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke