Lawyer: Sandusky looking forward to facing accusers
PHILADELPHIA (KABC) -- A lawyer for former Penn State football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky said Monday that the 67-year-old is looking forward to facing his accusers.
"We plan to proceed with Jerry's hearing, and Jerry is looking forward to the opportunity to face his accusers," lawyer Joe Amendola told The Associated Press.
As many as 10 of the young men accusing Sandusky of molest could testify at a preliminary hearing scheduled for Tuesday. A judge will decide whether there is enough evidence to send the case to trial.
Sandusky, charged with more than 50 counts of child sex-abuse involving 10 boys, has denied the allegations.
Amendola said no plea negotiations have been held. It is unknown if Sandusky plans to testify at the hearing.
Prosecutors have not said whether assistant coach Michael McQueary will testify. According to a 28-page grand jury report, McQueary said he saw Sandusky sodomize a boy in a locker room shower in 2002.
"We are prepared to question Michael McQueary if the commonwealth calls him as a witness," Amendola said.
The defense will try to cast doubt on the accusers' stories and question whether they have financial motives for coming forward. Most have hired lawyers and are expected to sue Sandusky - who is not thought to have much in the way of assets - and Penn State, which does.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
college football, sex crimes, national news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 40 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors