Man with explosives detained at Texas airport
MIDLAND, Texas (KABC) -- A man was detained Saturday at Midland International Airport in Texas after authorities found explosives in a carryon baggage.
The man is in FBI custody, according to a city of Midland spokesperson. The military-grade explosives were found at the security checkpoint just before 9:30 a.m. local time.
The airport was evacuated for about an hour and operations went back to normal after a sweep was done, according to the Transportation Security Administration.
The incident remains under investigation.
airport security, national news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD 14 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
10 min ago