Obama gets fund boost from fashion industry
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The fashion industry's crème de la crème is helping fill President Barack Obama's campaign coffers.
Since bumper stickers and buttons are so 2011, several major fashion icons have lent their talents to create a new Runway to Win line that offers everything from totes to scarves.
The president's campaign website showcases a T-shirt designed by singer Beyonce and her mother Tina Knowles. This particular shirt includes famous phrases by Obama like "Yes we can." It costs $45.
The rest of the line goes on sale Feb.7.
Other contributors include Diane von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang and Derek Lam.
president barack obama, fashion, national news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event