Canadian iPhone app lets people check ER wait times
CALGARY, ALBERTA (KABC) -- There's a new iPhone app in the Canadian city of Calgary that allows patients to check wait times at emergency rooms across the city before seeking treatment.
An emergency room doctor helped design the program. It has the ability to plot a route to the emergency room and gives an estimated driving time.
"It allows me to prepare when I know I need to go to the emergency department I need to know what to expect, and that helps people deal with that wait time a whole lot better," said Calgary Foothills Hospital Dr. Cheri Nijssen-Jordan.
Alberta's health minister says the emergency room app is just the beginning. He believes it will change not only how people access and think about healthcare.
app, iPhone, technology, national news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months