Dream Act supporters march from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KABC) -- A group of young undocumented immigrants has organized a walk from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., to gather support for the Dream Act.
The three marchers want congress to pass the Dream Act legislation so illegal immigrants who go to college or join the military have a better chance at gaining legal status.
They hope to wind up in Washington by late October. Congress has voted against different versions of the Dream Act several times.
san francisco, washington d.c., congress, national news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 6 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
55 min ago