Mega Millions jackpot grows w/ no big winner
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Mega Millions jackpot is on the rise, hiking up to $356 million for the next drawing after no one matched all the winning numbers in Friday's drawing.
Several people did win smaller prizes, though.
Here are the winning numbers: 6, 17, 19, 20, 21 and the Mega Ball number 20.
There were 39 tickets sold with the first five numbers, including seven in California. Those tickets are worth more than $259,000 each. Of the seven, two were sold in Los Angeles County with one in Commerce and the other in Montebello.
The next drawing is Tuesday, March 27.
The odds of matching all five numbers and the Mega number is 1 in 175,711,536, according to the Mega Millions website. The overall chance of winning a prize is 1 in 40.
The Mega Millions game is played in 41 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lottery, national news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10