Mega Millions jackpot reaches $500M after no winner
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- With no Mega Millions jackpot winner Tuesday, lotto officials bumped the prize amount to an all-time record of $500 million for the next drawing.
The half-billion jackpot was announced Wednesday morning. If sales go well, that number can go up again to $525 million or even $550 million.
The winning numbers of Tuesday night's drawing were 9, 19, 34, 44, 51 and the Mega number was 24.
Forty-seven tickets had 5 of the 6 winning numbers. Each of those tickets is worth at least $250,000.
Five of those lucky people were from Southern California. Those tickets were sold at a 7-Eleven in Corona, a Unocal 76 station in Fontana, an Arco AM/PM in San Bernardino, Stopper Liquor in Placentia and Surf Liquor in Santa Monica.
Lotto buffs streamed into Surf Liquor Wednesday, hoping some of the store's good luck would rub off on them.
Lottery officials had placed the odds of winning Mega Millions at about 1 in 176 million. The retailer who sells the winning ticket will receive a maximum $1-million bonus.
The next drawing will be held on Friday.
lottery, national news, subha ravindhran
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California 32 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash 46 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film 53 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
32 min ago