Man detained at Philadelphia airport for having fireworks in bag
PHILADELPHIA (KABC) -- A man who left fireworks in his backpack was taken into custody at Philadelphia International Airport Thursday morning.
The man was trying to board a flight to San Francisco. Authorities said he may have left the fireworks in there accidently. One gate was closed for about 20 minutes because of the incident.
There appears to be no connection to terrorism, but officials said the investigation is ongoing.
airport news, national news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book