Man detained at Philadelphia airport for having fireworks in bag
PHILADELPHIA (KABC) -- A man who left fireworks in his backpack was taken into custody at Philadelphia International Airport Thursday morning.
The man was trying to board a flight to San Francisco. Authorities said he may have left the fireworks in there accidently. One gate was closed for about 20 minutes because of the incident.
There appears to be no connection to terrorism, but officials said the investigation is ongoing.
airport news, national news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated 31 min ago
- Frazier Park fire almost fully contained 56 min ago
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates 50 min ago
- Damaged trains being removed from Conn. site
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut 15 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge