Casey Anthony on trial in defamation case
ORLANDO, Fla. (KABC) -- Casey Anthony will stand trial yet again, this time for defamation.
A Florida judge has allowed a lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez to go forward. Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was harassed and threatened when Anthony told detectives a babysitter with her name kidnapped Caylee, Anthony's daughter.
Caylee disappeared in 2008 and was later found dead. While a jury acquitted Anthony in the death, jurors found her guilty on four counts of lying to law enforcement in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film