Casey Anthony on trial in defamation case
ORLANDO, Fla. (KABC) -- Casey Anthony will stand trial yet again, this time for defamation.
A Florida judge has allowed a lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez to go forward. Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was harassed and threatened when Anthony told detectives a babysitter with her name kidnapped Caylee, Anthony's daughter.
Caylee disappeared in 2008 and was later found dead. While a jury acquitted Anthony in the death, jurors found her guilty on four counts of lying to law enforcement in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 21 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 12 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 4 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says