Casey Anthony on trial in defamation case
ORLANDO, Fla. (KABC) -- Casey Anthony will stand trial yet again, this time for defamation.
A Florida judge has allowed a lawsuit filed by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez to go forward. Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was harassed and threatened when Anthony told detectives a babysitter with her name kidnapped Caylee, Anthony's daughter.
Caylee disappeared in 2008 and was later found dead. While a jury acquitted Anthony in the death, jurors found her guilty on four counts of lying to law enforcement in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others 2 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son