McDonald's employee arrested for allegedly spitting in drinks
SIMPSONVILLE, S.C. (KABC) -- A McDonald's employee was arrested after being accused of spitting into the drinks of two customers who returned their iced teas, complaining that they weren't sweet enough.
According to police, 19-year-old Marvin Washington, Jr. was caught on surveillance video leaning over the cups before he filled them at a McDonald's in South Carolina on Sunday.
The customers claimed that they discovered the phlegm in their cups when they removed the lids on the second drink to add sugar.
If he is found guilty, Washington can face up to 20 years in prison.
arrest, national news
- Boy Scouts votes to accept openly gay boys 11 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 23 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers' 55 min ago