Free admission offered to all national parks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This weekend may be the best time to take a trip to one of the great national parks in California or across the country.
The U.S. National Park Service is offering free admission to all national parks in celebration of National Park Week from Saturday, April 21 until Sunday, April 29.All of the nearly 400 parks, preserves, monuments, recreation areas and historic sites in the system will be free of charge.
While you're there, the Park Service wants you to snap a photo of yourself and post it to their website.Every U.S. state except Delaware has at least one national park. There are as many as 25 of these sites available throughout California.
travel, national news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review