Queen's Freddie Mercury to make on-stage 'appearance'
LONDON (KABC) -- Freddie Mercury will make an on-stage appearance post-mortem, but not quite in the same way rapper Tupac made his Coachella comeback.
Queen guitarist Brian May told the BBC Mercury will "appear" on stage Monday night during a special performance of the musical, "We Will Rock You," as an optical illusion, not a hologram.
A hologram of Tupac Shakur at Coachella last month made headlines around the world. May told the BBC it's unfortunate there was a hologram performance before the Mercury performance.
He says Queen has been working for a long time to bring Mercury back to the stage.
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash 54 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 22 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings 11 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Ellen DeGeneres reacts to tabloid cover