Queen's Freddie Mercury to make on-stage 'appearance'
LONDON (KABC) -- Freddie Mercury will make an on-stage appearance post-mortem, but not quite in the same way rapper Tupac made his Coachella comeback.
Queen guitarist Brian May told the BBC Mercury will "appear" on stage Monday night during a special performance of the musical, "We Will Rock You," as an optical illusion, not a hologram.
A hologram of Tupac Shakur at Coachella last month made headlines around the world. May told the BBC it's unfortunate there was a hologram performance before the Mercury performance.
He says Queen has been working for a long time to bring Mercury back to the stage.
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 37 min ago
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA 4 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 45 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home 2 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 6.5-mag quake hits coast of Chile; No tsunami
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards 11 min ago