Ex-LAPD officer arrested in Hawaii for wife's 2006 death
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A retired Los Angeles Police Department detective is facing a murder charge in Hawaii.
Daniel DeJarnette, 59, is accused of killing his 56-year-old wife, Yu DeJarnette, and leaving her body on a lava embankment near their home in November 2006.
He was arrested on Monday after a grand jury indicted him on one count of second-degree murder. Prosecutors say DeJarnette beat his wife to death. At the time, he claimed she died in an accident.
DeJarnette pleaded not guilty during his arraignment on Tuesday.
lapd, national news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 3 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 40 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)