Mark Zuckerberg marries longtime girlfriend
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg married his longtime girlfriend in a small ceremony in Palo Alto on Saturday.
Zuckerberg and 27-year-old Priscilla Chan tied the knot in his backyard before fewer than 100 guests, capping a busy week for the couple - and yes, he updated his status to "married" on Facebook.
The couple met at Harvard and had been together for more than nine years.
A source authorized by the couple to speak said Zuckerberg designed the ring featuring "a very simple ruby" that he designed himself.
Zuckerberg took his company public in one of the most anticipated stock offerings in Wall Street history Friday. And Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, on Monday, the same day Zuckerberg turned 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
facebook, national news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)