Mark Zuckerberg marries longtime girlfriend
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg married his longtime girlfriend in a small ceremony in Palo Alto on Saturday.
Zuckerberg and 27-year-old Priscilla Chan tied the knot in his backyard before fewer than 100 guests, capping a busy week for the couple - and yes, he updated his status to "married" on Facebook.
The couple met at Harvard and had been together for more than nine years.
A source authorized by the couple to speak said Zuckerberg designed the ring featuring "a very simple ruby" that he designed himself.
Zuckerberg took his company public in one of the most anticipated stock offerings in Wall Street history Friday. And Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, on Monday, the same day Zuckerberg turned 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
facebook, national news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 35 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)