Mark Zuckerberg marries longtime girlfriend
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg married his longtime girlfriend in a small ceremony in Palo Alto on Saturday.
Zuckerberg and 27-year-old Priscilla Chan tied the knot in his backyard before fewer than 100 guests, capping a busy week for the couple - and yes, he updated his status to "married" on Facebook.
The couple met at Harvard and had been together for more than nine years.
A source authorized by the couple to speak said Zuckerberg designed the ring featuring "a very simple ruby" that he designed himself.
Zuckerberg took his company public in one of the most anticipated stock offerings in Wall Street history Friday. And Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, on Monday, the same day Zuckerberg turned 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
facebook, national news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 35 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 1 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour