Mark Zuckerberg marries longtime girlfriend
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg married his longtime girlfriend in a small ceremony in Palo Alto on Saturday.
Zuckerberg and 27-year-old Priscilla Chan tied the knot in his backyard before fewer than 100 guests, capping a busy week for the couple - and yes, he updated his status to "married" on Facebook.
The couple met at Harvard and had been together for more than nine years.
A source authorized by the couple to speak said Zuckerberg designed the ring featuring "a very simple ruby" that he designed himself.
Zuckerberg took his company public in one of the most anticipated stock offerings in Wall Street history Friday. And Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, on Monday, the same day Zuckerberg turned 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
facebook, national news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Entire Newport Beach Little League suspended
29 min ago