11-year-old falls from 18-foot rock wall
MIAMI (KABC) -- An 11-year-old Florida girl's day at the carnival ended in terror when she fell 18 feet off a rock wall. The frightening incident was caught on camera by her dad.
Emily Davis' father, Jeff, was recording her climb up the wall outside of Marlins Park in Miami on Saturday, but he could only helplessly watch as a cable snapped. His daughter plummeted 18 feet and crashed to the ground.
Emily suffered a concussion and remains hospitalized. She has to wear a collar, but she is able to move her arms and legs and speak.
The rock-climbing wall has been shut down for a safety inspection.
amazing video, caught on tape, national news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion 13 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 51 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 6 min ago
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10