11-year-old falls from 18-foot rock wall
MIAMI (KABC) -- An 11-year-old Florida girl's day at the carnival ended in terror when she fell 18 feet off a rock wall. The frightening incident was caught on camera by her dad.
Emily Davis' father, Jeff, was recording her climb up the wall outside of Marlins Park in Miami on Saturday, but he could only helplessly watch as a cable snapped. His daughter plummeted 18 feet and crashed to the ground.
Emily suffered a concussion and remains hospitalized. She has to wear a collar, but she is able to move her arms and legs and speak.
The rock-climbing wall has been shut down for a safety inspection.
amazing video, caught on tape, national news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 1 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 49 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
30 min ago