Florida woman set on fire by ex-lover calls 911
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (KABC) -- A 911 call made by a woman who was set on fire has been released.
The incident happened early Monday morning in Boynton Beach, Fla. Surveillance video shows the father of Naomie Breton's child entering a gas station with a gas can, an igniter and a long knife.
Breton is then pulled into the parking lot, where police said she was set on fire. She ran away and frantically dialed 911.
"I just called and I had to hang up. He set me on fire! Ok! He set me on fire!" Breton told the operator.
Breton has burns on 10 to 15 percent of her body. She came to the gas station to pick up her 4-year-old son from her ex, Roosevelt Mondesir. He faces attempted murder charges.
"I just thank God that I'm alive because, in looking at the picture, I probably shouldn't be here right now," said Breton. "My main thing is I need to stay around. I need to be alive for my kids."
Breton said she hopes to be able to return to work soon.
fire, caught on tape, national news
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight 4 min ago
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series