Manson family recordings: Motion to stop LAPD denied
PLANO, Texas (KABC) -- A Texas judge rejected an imprisoned Manson family member's motion to prevent the Los Angeles Police Department from taking possession of old recorded conversations between him and his trial lawyer.
Charles "Tex" Watson is serving a life sentence for his role in the 1969 killing of seven people. The judge ruled Wednesday that Watson failed to show why she should overturn the order allowing the police department to obtain the tapes.
Police said they want to see if Watson discussed any unsolved killings in the recordings.
murder, lapd, national news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2