Manson family recordings: Motion to stop LAPD denied
PLANO, Texas (KABC) -- A Texas judge rejected an imprisoned Manson family member's motion to prevent the Los Angeles Police Department from taking possession of old recorded conversations between him and his trial lawyer.
Charles "Tex" Watson is serving a life sentence for his role in the 1969 killing of seven people. The judge ruled Wednesday that Watson failed to show why she should overturn the order allowing the police department to obtain the tapes.
Police said they want to see if Watson discussed any unsolved killings in the recordings.
murder, lapd, national news
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 9 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 15 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)