Manson family recordings: Motion to stop LAPD denied
PLANO, Texas (KABC) -- A Texas judge rejected an imprisoned Manson family member's motion to prevent the Los Angeles Police Department from taking possession of old recorded conversations between him and his trial lawyer.
Charles "Tex" Watson is serving a life sentence for his role in the 1969 killing of seven people. The judge ruled Wednesday that Watson failed to show why she should overturn the order allowing the police department to obtain the tapes.
Police said they want to see if Watson discussed any unsolved killings in the recordings.
murder, lapd, national news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10