Border collie herds tigers in South Africa
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa (KABC) -- A border collie in South Africa is using his natural herding instinct to work with a flock of Siberian tigers.
The dog, named Solo, is putting his skills to the test at a wildlife reserve. Solo's high energy keeps the tiger cubs in check.
Solo's owner says the dog has a strong bond with the tigers is because they've all been together since birth. Solo considers the cubs to be part of his pack.
He should enjoy being boss while he can, though. A fully grown male Siberian tiger weighs about 385 pounds.
animal news, national news
- Multiple arrests in bank robbery, kidnapping 10 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 13 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater 1 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service 45 min ago
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
38 min ago