NJ Gov. Christie to reporter: Are you stupid?
MONMOUTH COUNTY, N.J. (KABC) -- Tempers flared at a New Jersey news conference when Gov. Chris Christie got into it with a reporter, even calling him names.
The reporter asked a question not related to a major problem at a water treatment plant, which was where the news conference was being held. Christie grew angry that the man posed an off-topic query.
"Did I say on topic? Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question," Christie said. When there were no more questions, he added, "Thank you. Thank you all very much. I'm sorry for the idiot over there," referring to the reporter who asked him the question.
Christie is known to get confrontational with reporters or the audience at public events.
He is rumored to be a potential GOP vice presidential candidate.
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 10 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 26 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)