NJ Gov. Christie to reporter: Are you stupid?
MONMOUTH COUNTY, N.J. (KABC) -- Tempers flared at a New Jersey news conference when Gov. Chris Christie got into it with a reporter, even calling him names.
The reporter asked a question not related to a major problem at a water treatment plant, which was where the news conference was being held. Christie grew angry that the man posed an off-topic query.
"Did I say on topic? Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question," Christie said. When there were no more questions, he added, "Thank you. Thank you all very much. I'm sorry for the idiot over there," referring to the reporter who asked him the question.
Christie is known to get confrontational with reporters or the audience at public events.
He is rumored to be a potential GOP vice presidential candidate.
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital 38 min ago
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 5 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'