NJ Gov. Christie to reporter: Are you stupid?
MONMOUTH COUNTY, N.J. (KABC) -- Tempers flared at a New Jersey news conference when Gov. Chris Christie got into it with a reporter, even calling him names.
The reporter asked a question not related to a major problem at a water treatment plant, which was where the news conference was being held. Christie grew angry that the man posed an off-topic query.
"Did I say on topic? Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question," Christie said. When there were no more questions, he added, "Thank you. Thank you all very much. I'm sorry for the idiot over there," referring to the reporter who asked him the question.
Christie is known to get confrontational with reporters or the audience at public events.
He is rumored to be a potential GOP vice presidential candidate.
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal 10 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill