NJ Gov. Christie to reporter: Are you stupid?
MONMOUTH COUNTY, N.J. (KABC) -- Tempers flared at a New Jersey news conference when Gov. Chris Christie got into it with a reporter, even calling him names.
The reporter asked a question not related to a major problem at a water treatment plant, which was where the news conference was being held. Christie grew angry that the man posed an off-topic query.
"Did I say on topic? Are you stupid? On topic, on topic. Next question," Christie said. When there were no more questions, he added, "Thank you. Thank you all very much. I'm sorry for the idiot over there," referring to the reporter who asked him the question.
Christie is known to get confrontational with reporters or the audience at public events.
He is rumored to be a potential GOP vice presidential candidate.
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery 12 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 25 min ago
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013
- Dr. Oz discusses testosterone levels, obesity
10 min ago