Capitol Hill outrage over US Olympic team uniforms
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- There's outrage on Capitol Hill after word got out that the U.S. Olympic team will be wearing uniforms almost entirely made in China.
The official Team USA uniforms for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony in London are designed by Ralph Lauren, but made overseas.
"They should be wearing things that are made in America," said Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid suggested that the uniforms be put in a big pile and burned. House Speaker John Boehner agreed with the sentiment, saying, "You'd think they know better."
ABC News has received word from the U.S. Olympic Committee saying, "We are singularly focused on supporting our athletes as they take the stage in London."
olympics, national news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy