Joe Paterno's halo in PA mural painted over
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (KABC) -- An artist removed a halo from a mural of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno amid the school's sex-abuse scandal.
Michael Pilato had painted a halo over Paterno's head after the beloved coach's death in January. He removed that halo on Saturday and added a blue ribbon to Paterno's jacket, symbolizing support for child abuse victims.
The changes come in the wake of an independent investigation accusing Paterno and three other Penn State officials of covering up child sex-abuse allegations against ex-assistant Jerry Sandusky. Sandusky has been convicted and is awaiting sentencing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sex crimes, sexual assault, national news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 2 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 55 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler