JetBlue LA flight diverted after passenger issue - caught on tape
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cellphone footage captured the flight diversion of a JetBlue plane bound for Los Angeles after an unruly passenger caused some big problems.
JetBlue flight 677 left John F. Kennedy International Airport for Los Angeles International Airport around 9 p.m. ET Sunday. The plane was supposed to land in Los Angeles around midnight, but it was diverted to Denver, Colo.
A passenger told Eyewitness News there was a drunken passenger on-board causing problems. JetBlue would not confirm that, only saying it was a "customer service issue."
FBI agents escorted the unruly passenger off the plane in handcuffs.
"They didn't want to put everybody else at risk, in case the situation escalated. A few people were upset and bothered, but otherwise I think everybody seemed pretty calm and just relaxed," said Yoram Kohanzadeh, who was on the flight.
So far the FAA has not commented. The plane did make it safely to Los Angeles around 2 a.m. Monday.
airplane, airline, caught on tape, national news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 54 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants