JetBlue LA flight diverted after passenger issue - caught on tape
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cellphone footage captured the flight diversion of a JetBlue plane bound for Los Angeles after an unruly passenger caused some big problems.
JetBlue flight 677 left John F. Kennedy International Airport for Los Angeles International Airport around 9 p.m. ET Sunday. The plane was supposed to land in Los Angeles around midnight, but it was diverted to Denver, Colo.
A passenger told Eyewitness News there was a drunken passenger on-board causing problems. JetBlue would not confirm that, only saying it was a "customer service issue."
FBI agents escorted the unruly passenger off the plane in handcuffs.
"They didn't want to put everybody else at risk, in case the situation escalated. A few people were upset and bothered, but otherwise I think everybody seemed pretty calm and just relaxed," said Yoram Kohanzadeh, who was on the flight.
So far the FAA has not commented. The plane did make it safely to Los Angeles around 2 a.m. Monday.
airplane, airline, caught on tape, national news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 31 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 2 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future