JetBlue LA flight diverted after passenger issue - caught on tape
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cellphone footage captured the flight diversion of a JetBlue plane bound for Los Angeles after an unruly passenger caused some big problems.
JetBlue flight 677 left John F. Kennedy International Airport for Los Angeles International Airport around 9 p.m. ET Sunday. The plane was supposed to land in Los Angeles around midnight, but it was diverted to Denver, Colo.
A passenger told Eyewitness News there was a drunken passenger on-board causing problems. JetBlue would not confirm that, only saying it was a "customer service issue."
FBI agents escorted the unruly passenger off the plane in handcuffs.
"They didn't want to put everybody else at risk, in case the situation escalated. A few people were upset and bothered, but otherwise I think everybody seemed pretty calm and just relaxed," said Yoram Kohanzadeh, who was on the flight.
So far the FAA has not commented. The plane did make it safely to Los Angeles around 2 a.m. Monday.
airplane, airline, caught on tape, national news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured 35 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent 35 min ago
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 41 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal 17 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
26 min ago