JetBlue LA flight diverted after passenger issue - caught on tape
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cellphone footage captured the flight diversion of a JetBlue plane bound for Los Angeles after an unruly passenger caused some big problems.
JetBlue flight 677 left John F. Kennedy International Airport for Los Angeles International Airport around 9 p.m. ET Sunday. The plane was supposed to land in Los Angeles around midnight, but it was diverted to Denver, Colo.
A passenger told Eyewitness News there was a drunken passenger on-board causing problems. JetBlue would not confirm that, only saying it was a "customer service issue."
FBI agents escorted the unruly passenger off the plane in handcuffs.
"They didn't want to put everybody else at risk, in case the situation escalated. A few people were upset and bothered, but otherwise I think everybody seemed pretty calm and just relaxed," said Yoram Kohanzadeh, who was on the flight.
So far the FAA has not commented. The plane did make it safely to Los Angeles around 2 a.m. Monday.
airplane, airline, caught on tape, national news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 16 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison 27 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 26 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 35 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Fatal distracted driving trial: jury deadlocks 6 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break