South Carolina mom charged for giving alcohol to toddler son
FORT MILL, S.C. (KABC) -- A South Carolina mother was charged after admitting she gave beer and wine to her 4-year-old son in a bar, and at home.
Witnesses say Gretchen Kinnear gave her child at last two shots of beer at a local bar.
The 4-year-old told investigators his mom has given him what he calls "tea" at their home, and that it made him laugh and feel dizzy.
Kinnear's brother says the whole thing's being overblown.
"I don't believe it," he said. "I'm waiting to find out the whole story myself. I think she probably let him have a sip of beer, but not ever to get him drunk or anything."
Kinnear is facing charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The state has placed her son with a babysitter.
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'