Bill Gates tops Forbes billionaire list for the 19th consecutive year
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates remains the richest man in the nation with a net worth of $66 billion, according to Forbes 400 list released Wednesday.
The honor comes as no surprise since this is the 19th consecutive year the tycoon has topped the Forbes' billionaire list.
Berkshire Hathaway's Warren Buffett came in second with $46 billion. Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison is third with $41 billion. Brothers Charles and David Koch, powerful elite in the Republican Party, tied for fourth with $31 billion each.
Following the lackluster IPO of his company, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg dropped from 14 to 36 on the list.
According to Forbes, the list shows the rich mainly got richer this year, with rising stock prices and a rebound in real estate values.
The top 10 people on this year's Forbes 400 billionaires list are:
- Bill Gates, $66 billion
- Warren Buffett, $46 billion
- Larry Ellison, $41 billion
- Charles Koch, $31 billion
- David Koch, $31 billion
- Christy Walton & family, $27.9 billion
- Jim Walton, $26.8 billion
- Alice Walton, $26.3 billion
- S. Robson Walton, $26.1 billion
- Michael Bloomberg, $25 billion
Get more information from Forbes 2012 400 billionaires list.
media, national news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large 1 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked 35 min ago
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate