National Drug Takeback Day: return unwanted medications
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Saturday is National Drug Takeback Day. Local agencies made it easy for people to get rid of unneeded prescriptions.
In Seal Beach, drivers were able to drop off expired and unwanted medications, prescription and over-the-counter, no questions asked.
Officers made sure patient names were removed from the prescription containers.
No syringes and no illegal drugs were collected.
The event is part of an ongoing national effort to prevent people from getting addicted to prescription drugs.
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife 27 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 9 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions