National Drug Takeback Day: return unwanted medications
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Saturday is National Drug Takeback Day. Local agencies made it easy for people to get rid of unneeded prescriptions.
In Seal Beach, drivers were able to drop off expired and unwanted medications, prescription and over-the-counter, no questions asked.
Officers made sure patient names were removed from the prescription containers.
No syringes and no illegal drugs were collected.
The event is part of an ongoing national effort to prevent people from getting addicted to prescription drugs.
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed 7 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10