National Drug Takeback Day: return unwanted medications
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Saturday is National Drug Takeback Day. Local agencies made it easy for people to get rid of unneeded prescriptions.
In Seal Beach, drivers were able to drop off expired and unwanted medications, prescription and over-the-counter, no questions asked.
Officers made sure patient names were removed from the prescription containers.
No syringes and no illegal drugs were collected.
The event is part of an ongoing national effort to prevent people from getting addicted to prescription drugs.
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks