Zumba prostitution case in Maine: New details about john suspects released
KENNEBUNK, Maine (KABC) -- New details are surfacing about some of the men accused of paying a Zumba instructor for sex in a wealthy Maine resort town.
The first batch of men charged with being clients of 29-year-old fitness instructor Alexis Wright includes former South Portland Mayor James Soule. According to the Associated Press, Soule didn't return calls for a comment. The list also included a lawyer and a real estate appraiser.
After initial confusion caused by the release of names without ages or addresses, a judge on Tuesday granted a request for additional information about the first 21 names that were released. The men were issued summons for engaging in prostitution.
The complete list cites more than 150 male clients between the ages of 34 and 65. Police said they will release the names in batches every other week as the men are issued summons.
Wright is accused of turning her dance studio into a brothel and secretly videotaping her encounters. Police said she kept meticulous records suggesting the sex acts generated $150,000 over 18 months.
Wright has pleaded not guilty to 106 counts of prostitution and other charges. Her business partner, 57-year-old insurance agent and private investigator Mark Strong Sr., has pleaded not guilty to 59 misdemeanor charges.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sex crimes, national news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 13 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 25 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 5 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler