Michigan freeway shooting spree: 1 injured
FOWLERVILLE, Mich. (KABC) -- Authorities in Michigan are trying to track down the person who is shooting at cars near Interstate 96.
The latest shooting on Saturday left a man injured. He walked into a gas station asking for help after he was shot. A bullet tore through the driver's-side door and struck the man in the hip. He was transported to an area hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
Up until then, no one had been hurt in at least 24 shootings across four counties linked to the same suspect. Police said Friday that tests on bullet fragments and casings determined that the same firearm was used in the string of shootings up to that point.
Most of the shootings happened near Interstate 96, though authorities said one occurred while a man was taking out his trash. In another incident, a woman said her car's rear window was shattered. Saturday's shooting was the first incident since Oct. 18.
The shootings started almost two weeks ago. Multiple police agencies are searching for the shooter, who they say appears to be a man in his 30s.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, national news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed 55 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca 47 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four 12 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10