Michigan freeway shooting spree: 1 injured
FOWLERVILLE, Mich. (KABC) -- Authorities in Michigan are trying to track down the person who is shooting at cars near Interstate 96.
The latest shooting on Saturday left a man injured. He walked into a gas station asking for help after he was shot. A bullet tore through the driver's-side door and struck the man in the hip. He was transported to an area hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
Up until then, no one had been hurt in at least 24 shootings across four counties linked to the same suspect. Police said Friday that tests on bullet fragments and casings determined that the same firearm was used in the string of shootings up to that point.
Most of the shootings happened near Interstate 96, though authorities said one occurred while a man was taking out his trash. In another incident, a woman said her car's rear window was shattered. Saturday's shooting was the first incident since Oct. 18.
The shootings started almost two weeks ago. Multiple police agencies are searching for the shooter, who they say appears to be a man in his 30s.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, national news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
25 min ago