Oklahoma father arrested after daughter found in cage
OKLAHOMA CITY (KABC) -- A man was arrested Tuesday after his 18-month-old daughter was found locked in a metal dog cage and his 4-year-old daughter was found naked outside in the cold in Tulsa, Okla.
A neighbor called police after finding the older child outside. The man did not answer the door when officers knocked.
Police saw the caged toddler through a window and forced their way inside, where a third child was also found. Police say the father was asleep in a drug or alcohol "induced stupor."
The children's mother was at work and arrived home as officers were preparing to leave. She was not arrested.
The father was being held in Tulsa County jail on $50,000 bail and is due in court Nov. 19, according to online jail records. He faces charges of child neglect.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, national news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis