Oklahoma father arrested after daughter found in cage
OKLAHOMA CITY (KABC) -- A man was arrested Tuesday after his 18-month-old daughter was found locked in a metal dog cage and his 4-year-old daughter was found naked outside in the cold in Tulsa, Okla.
A neighbor called police after finding the older child outside. The man did not answer the door when officers knocked.
Police saw the caged toddler through a window and forced their way inside, where a third child was also found. Police say the father was asleep in a drug or alcohol "induced stupor."
The children's mother was at work and arrived home as officers were preparing to leave. She was not arrested.
The father was being held in Tulsa County jail on $50,000 bail and is due in court Nov. 19, according to online jail records. He faces charges of child neglect.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, national news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 48 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 24 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants