Missouri man arrested, planned to shoot Twilight moviegoers
BOLIVAR, Mo. (KABC) -- A Missouri man was arrested after police discovered he planned to shoot up a movie theater during a showing of the new "Twilight" film.
According to a police probable cause statement, Blaec Lammers, from Bolivar, Mo., was arrested on Thursday after police said his mother contacted authorities with concerns that her son had recently purchased two weapons similar to those used during the Aurora, Colo. movie theater shooting.
Lammers, 20, told police that he planned to shoot people at a Sunday showing of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" and also a Wal-Mart store. Authorities said Lammers bought a movie ticket, two assault-type rifles and 400 rounds of ammunition.
Regarding plans to shoot up a nearby Wal-Mart, Lammers said he planned to walk into the store and start shooting people at random. If he ran out of ammunition, he said he would just break the glass where the ammunition is stored to get more and keep shooting until police arrived. He said he planned to surrender to police when they arrived.
According to the police statement, Lammers had previously threatened to stab a Wal-Mart employee in 2009.
Authorities say Lammers bought one gun on Monday and the second on Tuesday. He told police he practiced shooting the weapons at Aldrich, Mo. after his purchases, since he had never shot a gun before.
Lammers told police that he had a lot in common with the gunman behind the Colorado theater shooting, describing himself as kind of a loner. He also said he had homicidal thoughts.
Lammers was charged with assault in the first degree, making a terroristic threat and committing an armed criminal action.
arrest, twilight saga, national news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 32 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 51 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 27 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke