President Obama goofs around with gymnast McKayla Maroney
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A photo of President Barack Obama and Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney's "unimpressed" face went viral Saturday after the White House posted it on its Twitter page.
The picture was taken Thursday when Maroney and her Fierce Five teammates met President Obama while on a tour of the White House.
"He was the one who brought it up," Maroney told The Associated Press. "We were about to leave and he said, 'I want to talk to you one second about the face.' He said, 'I pretty much do that face at least once a day.'"
Maroney became the star of her own Internet trend after she was photographed making the pouty scowl while she was on the medals podium after winning silver on vault at the 2012 Summer London Olympics.
The 2012 U.S. women's gold medal-winning gymnastics team known as the Fierce Five includes Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross, Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber.
After goofing off with President Obama, the team signed leotards for his daughters Sasha and Malia.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, the white house, national news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 39 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 52 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry