President Obama goofs around with gymnast McKayla Maroney
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A photo of President Barack Obama and Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney's "unimpressed" face went viral Saturday after the White House posted it on its Twitter page.
The picture was taken Thursday when Maroney and her Fierce Five teammates met President Obama while on a tour of the White House.
"He was the one who brought it up," Maroney told The Associated Press. "We were about to leave and he said, 'I want to talk to you one second about the face.' He said, 'I pretty much do that face at least once a day.'"
Maroney became the star of her own Internet trend after she was photographed making the pouty scowl while she was on the medals podium after winning silver on vault at the 2012 Summer London Olympics.
The 2012 U.S. women's gold medal-winning gymnastics team known as the Fierce Five includes Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross, Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber.
After goofing off with President Obama, the team signed leotards for his daughters Sasha and Malia.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, the white house, national news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 50 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 12 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 13 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 11 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 52 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...