President Obama goofs around with gymnast McKayla Maroney
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A photo of President Barack Obama and Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney's "unimpressed" face went viral Saturday after the White House posted it on its Twitter page.
The picture was taken Thursday when Maroney and her Fierce Five teammates met President Obama while on a tour of the White House.
"He was the one who brought it up," Maroney told The Associated Press. "We were about to leave and he said, 'I want to talk to you one second about the face.' He said, 'I pretty much do that face at least once a day.'"
Maroney became the star of her own Internet trend after she was photographed making the pouty scowl while she was on the medals podium after winning silver on vault at the 2012 Summer London Olympics.
The 2012 U.S. women's gold medal-winning gymnastics team known as the Fierce Five includes Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross, Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber.
After goofing off with President Obama, the team signed leotards for his daughters Sasha and Malia.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, the white house, national news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 37 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 3 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour