President Obama goofs around with gymnast McKayla Maroney
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A photo of President Barack Obama and Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney's "unimpressed" face went viral Saturday after the White House posted it on its Twitter page.
The picture was taken Thursday when Maroney and her Fierce Five teammates met President Obama while on a tour of the White House.
"He was the one who brought it up," Maroney told The Associated Press. "We were about to leave and he said, 'I want to talk to you one second about the face.' He said, 'I pretty much do that face at least once a day.'"
Maroney became the star of her own Internet trend after she was photographed making the pouty scowl while she was on the medals podium after winning silver on vault at the 2012 Summer London Olympics.
The 2012 U.S. women's gold medal-winning gymnastics team known as the Fierce Five includes Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross, Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber.
After goofing off with President Obama, the team signed leotards for his daughters Sasha and Malia.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, the white house, national news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case 14 min ago
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Unsolved murder mystery revealed in doc
19 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
7 min ago