Black Friday violence, mayhem across country
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (KABC) -- Not everyone was in the holiday spirit while shopping on Black Friday with violence and mayhem at stores across the country.
In Tallahassee, Fla., two people were shot outside a Wal-Mart. Police believe the trouble started with disagreement over a parking space.
A man and woman were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and are expected to recover.
The shooting shut down the store for hours on the busiest shopping day of the year.
In Aurora, Colo., police are looking for a suspect who fired a bullet inside a Target store. No one was reported injured.
Officers say a man wearing a ski mask fired one round from a handgun at the ceiling while at the Target pharmacy. He then ran out before many people in the store knew what happened.
Police are investigating the incident as an attempted robbery. Investigators say it's unclear whether anything was taken.
In Michigan, security guards at a Kentwood mall had to use pepper spray on at least one suspected troublemaker.
It's not clear what caused the ruckus, but two teenagers were taken away by police in handcuffs.
There was also trouble in Kansas. Shoppers at a Victoria's Secret just outside of Kansas City went a little wild.
When the store opened at midnight, the crazed crowd pushed and shoved its way inside. The store manager pleaded with people to stay calm. And eventually, the frenzy died down.
black friday, shopping, national news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)