Powerball jackpot winning tickets sold in Arizona, Missouri
EHRENBERG, Ariz. (KABC) -- Two tickets matched all six numbers in Wednesday night's record-breaking Powerball drawing to win a whopping $579.9 million.
The winning numbers were 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and Powerball of 6. One ticket was sold in Arizona and the other in Missouri.
Missouri officials said the winner bought the ticket at a Trex Mart store located at 17605 Highway Z in Dearborn. On Thursday, lottery officials verified the ticket that was presented to them and set a news conference for 11 a.m. CST Friday at North Platte High School, near where the ticket was bought.
In Arizona, the winning ticket was purchased at a 4 Sons Food Store at 13779 North Fountain Hills in Fountain Hills, but the winner has not yet come forward. Officials said it was a $10 Quick Pick ticket.
Americans went on a ticket-buying spree on Wednesday before the drawing. California is one of six states in the continental U.S. that doesn't play Powerball, but many people crossed into Arizona to get in on the drawing.
The jackpot, which had already rolled over 16 consecutive times without a winner, grew to $579.9 million by the time of the drawing, making the cash option $379.8 million. An additional 8.9 million players won smaller prizes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lottery, national news
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 14 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 1 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 45 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer