Closing Iowa Hostess plant donating to local food bank
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
November 30, 2012 (WATERLOO, Iowa) -- A Hostess plant that is closing is donating some of its product to help those in need.
- PHOTOS: Hostess fans stock up on Twinkies, HoHos
- LINK: Hostess fans scoop up snacks
- DOWNLOAD: Hostess Liquidation filing
The factory in Waterloo, Iowa, is going out of business as part of the company's liquidation. The leftover bread and treats are being donated to a local food bank.
Meanwhile, a special job fair was held today in Waterloo to help those hostess workers who are losing their jobs.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 28 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 17 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 11 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 24 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)