Closing Iowa Hostess plant donating to local food bank
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
November 30, 2012 (WATERLOO, Iowa) -- A Hostess plant that is closing is donating some of its product to help those in need.
- PHOTOS: Hostess fans stock up on Twinkies, HoHos
- LINK: Hostess fans scoop up snacks
- DOWNLOAD: Hostess Liquidation filing
The factory in Waterloo, Iowa, is going out of business as part of the company's liquidation. The leftover bread and treats are being donated to a local food bank.
Meanwhile, a special job fair was held today in Waterloo to help those hostess workers who are losing their jobs.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis