Report: Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs
December 5, 2012 -- A U.S. official confirmed to ABC News Wednesday night that Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs on or near airfields.
With a civil war raging in the Middle Eastern nation, the fear is that the country's dictator Bashar Assad could use the nerve agent or other chemical weapons against his people.
ABC News reported that there has been no movement towards using the bombs.
The U.S. and the United Nations have warned of huge consequences if Assad does.
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 52 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 32 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 50 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 19 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 4 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 51 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 37 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts