Search for Arizona State University student focused on riverbed
TEMPE, Ariz. (KABC) -- The search for a missing Arizona State University student from Orange County is now focused on a nearby riverbed.
Jack Culolias, a 19-year-old from Brea, disappeared last Friday after attending a fraternity social event near the Tempe campus, and then getting kicked out of a local bar. He did not take his cellphone and credit cards.
His mother says she found one of his tennis shoes in a riverbed near the bar. Police have not yet confirmed that the shoe officially belongs to the missing victim.
Acting on a tip, officials are searching waters near where the college freshman went missing.
The fraternity Culolias was pledging, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, says it doesn't condone hazing and doesn't believe fraternity members are involved.
Anyone with information regarding this case was urged to contact Arizona State University police at (480) 695-6456.
missing person, national news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 58 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 58 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 24 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 31 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry