Ariz. Powerball jackpot winner's name released
PHOENIX (KABC) -- The second winner of the $587.5 million Powerball jackpot has been revealed weeks after choosing to remain anonymous.
Matthew Good, 37, of Fountain Hills, Arizona opted for the lump sum payment of $192 million after paying $100 million in taxes.
The married man in his 30s wanted to remain anonymous, but names of lottery winners are public record.
The Pennsylvania native says he plans on keeping his job as a manager at an electronics company."It is difficult to express just how thankful we are for this wonderful gift," Good said in a statement. "We are extremely grateful and feel fortunate to now have an increased ability to support our charities and causes. Obviously, this has been incredibly overwhelming and we have always cherished our privacy."
The other winning couple, Mark and Cindy Hill of Dearborn, Mo. have already claimed their half of the $587 million jackpot.
lottery, national news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks