Ariz. Powerball jackpot winner's name released
PHOENIX (KABC) -- The second winner of the $587.5 million Powerball jackpot has been revealed weeks after choosing to remain anonymous.
Matthew Good, 37, of Fountain Hills, Arizona opted for the lump sum payment of $192 million after paying $100 million in taxes.
The married man in his 30s wanted to remain anonymous, but names of lottery winners are public record.
The Pennsylvania native says he plans on keeping his job as a manager at an electronics company."It is difficult to express just how thankful we are for this wonderful gift," Good said in a statement. "We are extremely grateful and feel fortunate to now have an increased ability to support our charities and causes. Obviously, this has been incredibly overwhelming and we have always cherished our privacy."
The other winning couple, Mark and Cindy Hill of Dearborn, Mo. have already claimed their half of the $587 million jackpot.
lottery, national news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 19 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)