Website sells only American-made products
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Buying holiday gifts made in America is one way to boost our economy, but sometimes that's easier said than done.
Todd Lipscomb, an Orange County businessman, is seizing the opportunity to sell American-made goods. He is banking on his belief that most Americans would want to support the USA.
Lipscomb's website, MadeInUSAForever.com, only sells American-made products. At his small warehouse in San Clemente, over 400 mostly small businesses make over 4,000 products in the U.S.
"For it to be labeled 'Made in the USA,' it not just has to be assembled here, it has to be made here out of USA content," said Lipscomb.
Lipscomb started his business five years ago after working in Asia as an executive in the tech industry and saw many U.S. companies moving there.
"Now with our factories closing and moving abroad, the middle class is hollowing out. We have to have balance again. We have to make more of what we buy. If we did that, it would create millions of jobs," said Lipscomb.
Not only does he have products made only in the U.S., but he has a line of products made only in California. The best-selling items on the website are jeans. The quality of most products is so good, many come with a lifetime warranty.
shopping, economy, national news, ric romero
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 35 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 35 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 8 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry