Oregon tour bus crash on I-84: 5 people dead
LA GRANDE, Ore. (KABC) -- Five people were killed and about 20 more were injured when a tour bus crashed on an icy stretch of interstate in Oregon.
Authorities said the bus lost control at around 10:30 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 84, which was covered in ice and snow.
The bus crashed through a guardrail and went down an embankment a few hundred feet.
Emergency crews were using ropes to help retrieve people from the crash scene. Police say the charter bus was carrying about 40 people. Authorities have not released information on the company that owns the bus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, snow, national news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 5 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 45 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures 2 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' 51 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)