Oregon tour bus crash on I-84: 5 people dead
LA GRANDE, Ore. (KABC) -- Five people were killed and about 20 more were injured when a tour bus crashed on an icy stretch of interstate in Oregon.
Authorities said the bus lost control at around 10:30 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 84, which was covered in ice and snow.
The bus crashed through a guardrail and went down an embankment a few hundred feet.
Emergency crews were using ropes to help retrieve people from the crash scene. Police say the charter bus was carrying about 40 people. Authorities have not released information on the company that owns the bus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, snow, national news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2