Oregon tour bus crash on I-84: 5 people dead
LA GRANDE, Ore. (KABC) -- Five people were killed and about 20 more were injured when a tour bus crashed on an icy stretch of interstate in Oregon.
Authorities said the bus lost control at around 10:30 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 84, which was covered in ice and snow.
The bus crashed through a guardrail and went down an embankment a few hundred feet.
Emergency crews were using ropes to help retrieve people from the crash scene. Police say the charter bus was carrying about 40 people. Authorities have not released information on the company that owns the bus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, snow, national news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 12 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe 7 min ago
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
16 min ago