Caught on tape: School board member hits student with SUV
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (KABC) -- A school board member in Georgia has been arrested on suspicion of hitting a student with her SUV. And it was all caught on tape.
The 17-year-old female student was standing in a parking space at a Walmart to hold it for a friend. Board member Angie Cornett apparently wanted the space.
The two exchanged words, then Cornett drove into the space, almost knocking the teen over. The teen wasn't seriously hurt.
Cornett claims the girl leaned into her car.
Police aren't buying it: They arrested Cornett on a charge of reckless conduct.
caught on tape, arrest, national news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 13 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 32 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 20 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite 15 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour