Caught on tape: School board member hits student with SUV
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (KABC) -- A school board member in Georgia has been arrested on suspicion of hitting a student with her SUV. And it was all caught on tape.
The 17-year-old female student was standing in a parking space at a Walmart to hold it for a friend. Board member Angie Cornett apparently wanted the space.
The two exchanged words, then Cornett drove into the space, almost knocking the teen over. The teen wasn't seriously hurt.
Cornett claims the girl leaned into her car.
Police aren't buying it: They arrested Cornett on a charge of reckless conduct.
caught on tape, arrest, national news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate