Caught on tape: School board member hits student with SUV
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (KABC) -- A school board member in Georgia has been arrested on suspicion of hitting a student with her SUV. And it was all caught on tape.
The 17-year-old female student was standing in a parking space at a Walmart to hold it for a friend. Board member Angie Cornett apparently wanted the space.
The two exchanged words, then Cornett drove into the space, almost knocking the teen over. The teen wasn't seriously hurt.
Cornett claims the girl leaned into her car.
Police aren't buying it: They arrested Cornett on a charge of reckless conduct.
caught on tape, arrest, national news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons