Caught on tape: School board member hits student with SUV
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (KABC) -- A school board member in Georgia has been arrested on suspicion of hitting a student with her SUV. And it was all caught on tape.
The 17-year-old female student was standing in a parking space at a Walmart to hold it for a friend. Board member Angie Cornett apparently wanted the space.
The two exchanged words, then Cornett drove into the space, almost knocking the teen over. The teen wasn't seriously hurt.
Cornett claims the girl leaned into her car.
Police aren't buying it: They arrested Cornett on a charge of reckless conduct.
caught on tape, arrest, national news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 34 min ago
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 19 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 22 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book