Aurora, Colo. standoff: Woman IDs alleged gunman
AURORA, Colo. (KABC) -- A woman who escaped a deadly standoff between a gunman and police in Aurora, Colo., has identified the suspect.
According to the woman, her husband, 33-year-old Sonny Archuleta, was the man holed up inside a townhome Saturday. Archuleta reportedly fired at officers during the incident, and the SWAT team eventually stormed the home and fatally shot Archuleta.
Three other people were also found dead inside, some of whom are believed to be related to the gunman. They appeared to have been killed before officers arrived. The woman had escaped by jumping out of a second-story window.
Police declined to release the name of the suspect or the victims. A motive for the killings remains unknown.
The violence unfolded just a few miles away from the Aurora Mall movie theater where another gunman killed 12 people during a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" last July. Prosecutors will go to court Monday to outline their case against the suspect, James Holmes.
ABC News and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
standoff, national news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Simi Valley attack may be gang-related, police say
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list