Caught on tape: Seattle bus catches on fire
SEATTLE (KABC) -- A crowded city bus caught on fire during the morning commute in Seattle and the scary moments were caught on tape.
The bus was traveling from Everett to Seattle Friday on Interstate 5, when passengers say cars began honking at them to get their attention.
They heard a loud boom seconds later and started smelling smoke and burning rubber. A small fire erupted in a wheel well in the back.
Commuters were able to evacuate the bus safely before it went up in flames.
Investigators believe freezing in the brake line forced the emergency brake to stay on during the commute, causing the fire.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, caught on tape, national news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 35 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 7 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 20 min ago
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns 44 min ago
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago