Caught on tape: Seattle bus catches on fire
SEATTLE (KABC) -- A crowded city bus caught on fire during the morning commute in Seattle and the scary moments were caught on tape.
The bus was traveling from Everett to Seattle Friday on Interstate 5, when passengers say cars began honking at them to get their attention.
They heard a loud boom seconds later and started smelling smoke and burning rubber. A small fire erupted in a wheel well in the back.
Commuters were able to evacuate the bus safely before it went up in flames.
Investigators believe freezing in the brake line forced the emergency brake to stay on during the commute, causing the fire.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, caught on tape, national news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 51 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 47 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 42 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors