Caught on tape: Seattle bus catches on fire
SEATTLE (KABC) -- A crowded city bus caught on fire during the morning commute in Seattle and the scary moments were caught on tape.
The bus was traveling from Everett to Seattle Friday on Interstate 5, when passengers say cars began honking at them to get their attention.
They heard a loud boom seconds later and started smelling smoke and burning rubber. A small fire erupted in a wheel well in the back.
Commuters were able to evacuate the bus safely before it went up in flames.
Investigators believe freezing in the brake line forced the emergency brake to stay on during the commute, causing the fire.
The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, caught on tape, national news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 54 min ago
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Sleet, ice, deep freeze hit large swath of US 57 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 6 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis