Phoenix shooting: Body of shooter positively identified
PHOENIX (KABC) -- Police say a body found in bushes at an Arizona suburb has been positively identified as the man behind the Phoenix office shooting.
A landscaper in Mesa found the body of 70-year-old Arthur Harmon on Thursday. On Wednesday, one person died and two others were wounded in the shooting, which broke out at a law office in north-central Phoenix.
Authorities say the rental car Harmon was using was found in a parking lot near his body.
Police said the shooting was was not random. According to investigators, the suspect shot and killed the CEO of a company he had a dispute with and critically wounded the company's attorney, as well as another person.
The shooting happened at the end of a mediation session over a lawsuit Harmon filed against the company in a contract dispute.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, national news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 16 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 5 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 3 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 12 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)